Thursday, August 9, 2007

The great paper chase...

Paper work, paper work, and more paper work.

The homestudy is underway. To our favor they have most of our documents from Carrington's adoption, so we only need to add new background checks, finger print clearances, physicals, and updates of our financial information.

The Dossier is a different story. I need to gather all of the documents necessary and then drive them all to Sacramento for be Apostilled. A long trip. Maybe I can take the train...that would be fun. That is a little farther down the road, but I a deffinately in the process of making it happen.

In other areas of my life, John is still in the Ukraine running the RU4Children's summer leadership camp. I heard from him for the first time since he and Carrington left last week. All is well and they are having a great time. Carrington is a celebrity of sorts. He is an American now - the kids are curious.

As with my last international adoption I am learning a lot about Russian adoption from posters in FRUA. I was well prepared for Ukraine due to the knowledge of others that had gone on before me. It is the best place to get the info you need. So, I am researching, gathering, and bookmarking the information that will assist me on my our new journey to our daughter.

Oh yeah, and I was bestowed a new title today: "Mrs. Baby on the Brain"...LOL!


*SMILE*

I feel like I have had my first ultrasound...and seen a heart beat!

No comments: