Friday, August 10, 2007

Interesting reading

A fellow blogger on FRUA posted this terrific link. It is about a book containing pictures of Russian culture and lifestyle. Please take a moment to view its pages.

http://www.motherlandbook.com/

I have often said that the pictures John and I took while in the Ukraine do not do justice to what you are looking at. In truth, the pictures acually make it look better. The people we met in Ukraine we warm and friendly. The experience was a good and one I will never forget it. I look forward to the day when John and I are in the position to live over there abroad for a few months each year to work with the children.

I find it strange to think that just 23 years ago when I was in Highschool the US and Russia were involved in a 'cold war'. So much has happened throught the years. The fall of the wall, the change in Governments. Look at the relationship we have with them today. AND, I have the blessing of mothering one of their children, and hopefully soon another...life is unique at times. Very unique.

No comments: