Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall is here!

Now where is that little girl????


It that time of year again…Fall! I love the cool mornings and the sunny warm days. But this year it is different for me. A year ago yesterday I arrived home to my three sons after spending three weeks in the Ukraine. John was left behind to wait out the ten day period imposed by the Ukrainian Government, and I received the ‘Get out of jail free card!” and I boarded a plane in Kiev and headed home…

There’s no place like home! There’s no place like home!

Suffering from jet lag, and missing both John and Carrington, I set out to find Aidan’s Halloween costume and play the single parent for three weeks. We decorated the house, bought candy, and I slept…a lot.

So, we have celebrated Carrington “Gotcha Day” with little fan fare, but a whole lotta love. We all are so glad to have him here in our lives. We have sent off his first placement report, found the first Halloween costume, and attended his first official festivities at our church. The yearly Harvest Festival was a lot of fun. In the end Carrington had so much candy that he had to make a trip to the car to dump the loot. We will be going to Uncle Mikes house on Halloween night where he will eagerly attack the neighborhood in search of more treats. Ah, but isn’t life grand? Can ya say cavities???? Bring on the flouride toothpaste!

In other worlds where my life evolves around the quest to bring home my Rose, my homestudy is done…and wrong. They reversed some figures and sent it off to the state with the wrong info concerning my home value, and mortgage. Hopefully we won’t have any issues. The changes are being made, and a new report will be here for the dossier, but not for the state of California.

One of the perks of working for a staffing agency is the ability to pull a notary out from the list of applicants we have in the system. I was fortunate enough to find M available and willing to come on down to my work on my lunch hour and notarize my Branch Managers ‘Jane Hancock’, as well as that of John and myself. It was fast and painless. Thank you M!

I am waiting for the FBI finger print clearance cards to come back (a new feature they have so nicely added to the forever changing Russian dossier document list for our region) and then I will be able to get ‘em Apostilled, and shoot my dossier off for translation. Yeah!

We are moving soooo slow compared to Carrington’s adoption, but we knew it would be that way. It will happen when and how it is suppose to happen. God is in control…

I am looking on the internet and swooning over little girl room décor.

And so it goes….all is well in my adoption world…for now :)

No comments: