Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Moving right along...

Well, it is now October and things are moving along. For those family members in other states, thanks for the kind words and loving wishes. We too are so excited!


So, here is the current update: I have managed to get a number of items checked off my list this past week…After TWICE submitting our children’s school reports, the third set was finally received. Reports and other paperwork into Adoption Options…Check! Carrington had his first ever American birthday party at age 13 and had a blast! Check Check! Cleaned up the house after the birthday party, Triple Check (what a mess!) and last but not least complete a very complex staffing project at work...BIG check!


Believe it or not, our biggest worry at present time is getting a referral too early. To many that would sound strange, but to us it is real. Normally it can takes years to complete this process, especially for those waiitng for little girls. The holidays are fast approaching, and last year I arrived home in just enough time to take Aidan trick or treating while John remained in the Ukraine with Carrington. As a matter of fact, it was one year ago today that John and I boarded the flight to the Ukraine to go get Carrington! Time sure does fly!


Anyway, it was tough to get myself motivated to do holiday stuff last year with all the jet lag and catching up that had to happen. Throw in the fact that the Russian government has a lot of closers during the holidays, the weather is terrible (I DON’T DO SNOW WELL AT ALL) and it becomes complicated and lengthy to stay there. Something we don’t have time to do…


Another aspect to this all is the FANTASTIC efficiency at which our agency is working. They have been getting referrals for babies in as little as month after they Dossier has been submitted. Three children have found families in the last 6 months in record time. This seems like a WOW To those who have been waiting for years and find themselves currently stalled with the accreditation issues…but it really comeS down to who you are working with and what region they are in. Not all agencies are created equal, nor do they have the same connection or facilitators. I have EVERY faith in my agency as they have come through for me before with Carrington in record time (when other had been waiting years for a appoinmant at the NAC and SDA) and I trust the team will do the same again. So, given all that, and being the optimistic person I am, we have decided to submit the dossier now, but will not accept any referrals (should we receive one) until the spring. It is what is best for our family, our jobs and our lives.

With that being said, oh my but do I see pink everywhere! I was in Kohl’s the other day and saw the sweetest pink and leopard dress! I was itching to buy it, but decided that was extremely impractical, as I have no idea what age my daughter will be! Still, it is something I have never had to do before…and it felt good to just think about buying something pinkJ

No comments: