Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Arrrg! WHY can't people get things done right????

My Dossier is in Fresno right now safe in the hands of my good friend Stephanie. She took everything to the Secretary of States office yesterday to be apostilled and wouldn't you know that the clerk in our county office DID NOT sign one of the certificates! WHAT?! HOW do you NOT sign a certificate when you have created 16 of them and they are in front of you in a nice neat pile and you are attaching each one individually to each notarized document. Huh???

So, I had to go home, create a new copy and declaration for my passport, race against the clock to meet 'M' the notary, then share todays lunch hour with a can of Slim Fast waiting for the clerk to call my name and fix her mishap. And would you believe after all this trouble she wanted to charge me???? I DON'T THINK SO!

Needless to say I left the county clerks office today with a newly notarized and authenticated passport - at no charge - and it is in the mail to Fresno today...The only piece left to be apostilled.

A big {{{hug}}} to my friend Steph for all of her help!

I am so ready for a drink....

2 comments:

junglemama said...

I'm sorry. I've encountered a couple of mishaps like this recently in doing my dossier. :)

Chris and Virginia said...

We were lucky in that the Nevada office in Carson City was very helpful and understanding. I had to expedite all my apostilles (long story). I made three trips to their office. Usually, they had my documents earlier than that required so I could get back to Reno to ship the docs. It's always nice to find helpful public servants.