Wednesday, May 21, 2008

From the desk of Queen Bee...

One week, down, now into week two...



Hello from Sunny and HOT, HOT, HOT California. The day we left Moscow it was 28 degrees, and now it is 104. My body doesn’t quite know how to handle this! The jet lag is finally gone, and I am back at work full swing. Thanks to all for the wonderful words of encouragement. Our email box is backed up with kind thoughts and well wishes, and we feel the power of your prayers daily. All things happen in Gods timing, and we see it constantly. Court should be in about 5 weeks, give or take one, and I find myself staring at picture of Princess Patterson and longing to see her again. Attachment is forming on my side for sure…

On the adoption front, V emailed me yesterday and the great paper update is officially on! We need to update our medicals and finger prints….AGAIN…and put together a bunch of other stuff for the embassy. Soooo, I have called our Dr. to schedule ANOTHER physical, and had to resend the FBI card ‘cause smart ol me, I forgot to put two $18 cashiers check in the envelope. Word to the wise, they NO LONGER take personal checks. So, I wrote a sob story letter about how I cannot wait 6 weeks and could they please complete them as soon as possible?

John is preparing for Church Camp. He is busy as can be, and it is good that he works with a terrific team to get this thing off the ground each year. Our dear friend M creates the entire curriculum each year, and K is assisting with staffing.

Memorial day is fast approaching and I ask, “Where does the time go????” We will be traveling to Oakhurst, having fun at the lake, and hanging out with friends. I can’t wait!

Aidan party went off without a hitch! Thanks goodness we had a bowling party ‘cause the heat was terrible and it was so nice and cool in there. I will post pictures as soon as I get them from my BIL. All the children had camouflage on their faces, wore military party helmets, and bowled their little hearts out. We bought Aidan a trampoline for his present, and he is having a ball. I refuse to buy anything that sticks my children in front of the TV anymore!

And Myself? I have been performing the ultimate in therapy…SHOPPING! (on a budget
) I have bought several outfits and a few pairs of shoes…and everything is P-I-N-K!!!! No blue on my Princess…at least for now. I am going gaga over cute leather pink and white sneakers, and lacey socks. Sigh….I still need so many things, I believe I will be doing some more shopping this weekend in Oakhurst. Having all boys has not left many hand-me-downs for my little girl. She needs a hairbrush, and shampoo, and a car seat, a booster seat, bibs, jimmies, toothbrush and toothpaste…the list goes on and on. I shopped last night with no tears…I am constantly thinking “Pinch me, Pinch me!”

And, I finally managed to get the wall paper off of Bryce's bedroom walls, so we will soon (sometime when I actually FIND TIME) be creating a room fit for a Princess. Complete with her beautiful patch work quilt (thanks Steph) and a country garden theme including butterflies...The sign of new life...

So, that’s pretty much the low down for now…John needs me to help him clean out the trailer and put on the new batteries. Gotta run. Take care all!

Buzz Buzz…
The Busy Queen Bee

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Kym - I hope I left a couple of cute outfits for your princess. I think my Mom and I have CLEANED out the stores :) Aren't the clothes TOO cute?? I am definitely staying through in Moscow so hope that we can get together when you come back for court. Such fun! Tamara