Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We have a court date!!!!!!

Simply, UNBELIEVABLE! In four short weeks from tip to stern we will be going before a judge to gather our daughter!

Here is the play by play of events leading up to this awesome news…God is SO GREAT! Let me tell ya how great He is:

Right before we left to meet ‘Rose’ I sent off our FBI finger print cards to be redone. Well, as you read before, they no longer take checks, so I to resend them again. Sooo, on Friday I called the FBI people and pleaded my case…nope. Do you know they have a division dedicated solely to adoptions? WOW! Word was they would be done sometime late THIS week. UHHHG! The best they could do was have me call back with my FedEx # and put them in the mail overnight when they were finished. I didn’t have the number with me (Helpful hint. Put that number in your wallet…odds are you will need it!) so I called first thing Monday morning to give it to them and they gal stated “Hmmm, well it would look like they were actually moved up a bit. We processed yesterday (Saturday). AND, they went in the mail already. SO, I am now waiting for the snail mail to give me my finger print cards! But they are DONE! Praise the Lord!

In addition to that after we came home I started the process of getting the other documents that are older then 3 months updated. V told us that they would not assign my court date until they were in the hands of the team in Moscow. I had two lovely ladies donate their time to notarize documents…one of which was our medicals. Our insurance only covers one physical per year. After worrying about the $$$ it would cost to redo them, One doctor agreed to update them with a follow up instead. AND, we only had to notarize and apostille ONE Doctor’s license. YEAH! Praise the Lord!

All of these said forms were then notarized, certified and sent overnight to Steph who apostilled them today. We are just waiting to see if they will travel over with Tamara or go somewhere else. YEAH! Praise the Lord!

So, while I was trying to get all of these documents finished, I received an email form V stating we had a firm court date for the 19th of JUNE! OMG! I told V she sure knows how to knock me off my chair. I am sooo not ready – but obviously God thinks we are. So, with the assistance of my hubby we trying to get the pieces together to fly there byt the 18th. SUPER big Praise the Lord!

With all of this happening, I am severely s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d. We have a missionary friend who arrived here at 3 am today staying with us for the month. We are trying to create items needed, plan, and pack and get our butts to church camp – leaving THIS Friday. We will return next Saturday, and turn around to fly to Russia on the 17th.

Through all of this I am still at work trying my best to catch up at work and get everything taken care of before I leave. And, I still don’t know how I’m going to handle my time off.

And of course the costs...Oh Lord, please send that capital! LOL:) We ended up paying $1040 for our Visa's...because the one we prepayed $400 for is needed for the paper portion, but will not get here in time to be used. Only in Russia my friends, only in Russia.....Can you see me shaking my head? :)

But the most bitter sweet part of all…John will be returning to get ‘Rose’ on the 2nd of July. We will not be making our annual trip to Dinky Creek as a family. I may go with them boys for a few days, or maybe see if one of our awesome friends will take them. It is just not fair for them to miss out on their summer fun because of ‘Roses’ adoption. We will have to continue to heavy praying in this area.

So, family and friends, that will put ‘Roses’ arrival home somewhere around the 10th or 11th of July. I have butterflies…BIG butterflies.

Thank you God!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Congratulations!! That is so awesome. I hope my process goes as smoothly as yours has, or at least sounds like it, once we get our referral. I am so excited for you.

The Clobes Crew said...

John & Kym --

We are so excited for you! It is such a blessing to be able to go back so soon and not spend those difficult months away from your daughter.

We going to get to be even better friends. Both of us with Russian daughters about the same age!

We are still praying for you!

Tom & Mera