Monday, June 30, 2008

We are now in Post Delivery...and it feels wonderful!

I know! I know…updates, Updates!

The emails have been received LOUD AND CLEAR! LOL...There just is not much to write about at this stage of the game – SO sorry :)

We have had a successful delivery and now are in ‘post delivery’ We are just waiting to bring our lovely daughter home. A few more ‘checks’ and ‘evaluations’ - a bit of paperwork and she will be ours.

Life has busy for the Patterson household. We returned home last Sunday and hit the ground running! So much to do, so little time.

We said farewell for a short time to our little Princess and left for home before the rain hit last week. The only thing that made it easier was the knowledge that we were coming back to get her very soon.

On the home front, Rose’s room is almost finished. One of my co-workers came over to help me out and we made a severe dent in the work at hand. Walls are painted, papar is up, ceiling fan is in, and the ceiling is painted. When it is all said and done I will post a picture for you all to see.

The boys will be leaving to travel camping with the Copland’s. They are so very excited! I am happy that Rose’s adoption is not cutting into their summer and all of its promised fun. Carrington as adamant that he will out fish everyone there!

John was driven to the airport yesterday by Mike and arrived in Moscow about 3 hours ago. The paln at present is that I will be flying out to meet up with him on the 3rd, and together we will bring Rose home. She has a wonderful Red White and Blue outfit to wear. John was being creative – he made her an appliqué that says ‘Made in Russia’ and attached it to the back of her underwear. Too funny! I also found a pair of camouflaged ballerina shoes so I'm confident that daddy should be pretty happy when he sees those.

John has been armed with fleece and cotton blankets for the orphanage, clothes and necessities for Rose, and a strict list of instructions on what to do when he picks her up from the orphanage…we will see how many of them he accomplishes. It was quite hard to let him go without me…I want to be there so badly.

I am still in search of a car seat, and any other items to round off our daughters needs. (I mean, seriously. Can you ever have ENOUGH dresses??? Um, I think NOT!)

At present we are still awaiting final word on the passport and visa issue. They may have the visa processed on Thursday, and they may not. Although frustrating…it is not the drama that we have experienced in other areas…all will work out fine.

So, I am assuming my husband will be blogging while he is there and we will post them later. I will keep you all updated on our progress at this point…

AND, soon we will be able to share soooo much more! Until then, I need to buzzzz off and get some stuff done!
Queen Bee….

2 comments:

The Clobes Crew said...

Thanks for the update! John will be able to handle everything; he is an experienced daddy. But...girls bring a new new world! Tom & Mera

JB said...

Kym,

Your family, especially your daughter, will forever have a new understanding of the significance of Independence Day! Blessings to you all!

Jolene