Monday, July 28, 2008

Has it really been three weeks?

It seems like Kaydee has been here forever. She is such a joy!

Here are some fun pictures that show the true nature of our dear little Princess Kaydee. At one moment she is a girl, loving her bows and frilly socks. The next she is a rough and tumbling tomboy following her Daddy around and playing in the dirt.

She loves the trampoline and spends quite a bit of time there with Daddy and brothers. Note the pretty dress..."Who cares Mommy? I'm having F-U-N!"
Kaydee caught on film in mid air...absolutely no fear!

The Kaydee we first met who had no smile, now does so constantly. She is opening up to other people, realizing they are all okay. She is charming and engaging, making friends easily.
She had her first hair trimming by the fantastic hair guru Martha. Daddy gladly reported she sat there like a little lady and was as good as gold. Isn't she darling?
Here she is with another favorite past times...riding the horses. Can you say "Giddy up?" She can! LOL! Except it comes out more like "Gee ah!"
She runs through the house giggling and loving to be tickled. As a matter of fact, that has become my ritual with her as soon as I walk in the door from work. She runs up and tags me and I have to chase her down...as she giggles away. Sometimes she will hit me with the Spiderman pillow from brothers room and away we go...running all through the house. It was funny when one time Carrington put his hands on his hips and stated "Now SOMEONE is going to get HURT running through the house like that! Take it outside!"
Hmmm, wonder where he got THAT from? LOL! Yeah, I about peed my pants I laughed so hard after that comment :) Hmmmm...I wonder who has been in her brothers room?

I got to talk to V today, giving her a quick report on Kaydee’s progress in our family. It is so hard to put into words how wonderful this child is…But I do try. In the beginning, while V was apologizing for Kaydee being older than what we had originally asked for, and as the roller coaster ride continued its course in Moscow, we were being given the daughter we were suppose to have. She was everything I asked God for: Healthy, engaging, girlie - girlie, loved to be held and rocked...just in a bigger package :)

Kaydee’s 3rd birthday is coming up, and we already made the pilgrimage to the party store for her invites. The theme is princess of course, and her invite was a tiara. Too cute! She has her own Princess hat and wand. Sooooo sweet!
That's all I have time for now!
Till later...
Queen Bee




3 comments:

Tamara said...

Too cute! How wonderful that you'll be able to celebrate her third birthday with her. I love the princess theme. What else could you have chosen after all? Hugs and Paka! Tamara

Nichole said...

So happy she is fitting into your family so well! She is a beauty.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing she is! It is wonderful to see how much she is loving life now that she is truly home. Can't wait to bring my own #3babyhome next week!

Hugs, Jules