Tuesday, August 5, 2008

And more pictures....

So, history has repeated its self and once again I am having a love/hate relationship with Blogger. Try as I might it seems to take days for me to find a spot in time where my pictures will actually upload and not get cut off. So, FINALLY here are some pictures of our Princess being herself...First, what day would not be complete without the tumbling and tormenting of the bigger Bro Carrington? Kaydee loves nothing more than to ride the shoulders of her brothers, and rough house around with them...


My niece had her birthday party at our home last weekend. Here is Kaydee eating a few bites of cake. And that was pretty much her limit. She really does not like anything too sweet or with flour in it. Her hips will thank her around age 30....LOL!



I just HAD to share the Princess potty picture...Look at that face! Oh yeah, and note she is holding her brothers Nerf gun she stole out of their room. I tell the gal is a female Rambo...


Look who got caught red handed with her brothers Lego's - Again!

Kaydee's favorite chair....this is where she loves to sit and read her books. I couldn't choose between the two pictures, so here are both! What a sweet little Princess! She is getting a little bit better with the camera...it only took about 15 shots to get these two :)


Where were my red shoes??? I found them on one little Princess walking around her room. I pulled down her boa and we had ourselves a fun time with that!
Note the Nerf gun - again....LOL! I have had several touching 'firsts' with Kaydee these last few weeks. While out of the house I called her name in a crowd and she turned - that was a great thing as wanting her to recognize our voices and her name are pretty important. She has shyly snuggled with me, and allowed me the privilege of real kisses. She as started shaking her head yes - one little nod - and saying her brothers names. We have made it through three Sunday school classes (mom sitting next to her, of course) and actually stayed in the nursery during VBS (Carrington was there too to help her) which was a big thing because that was the first time she has been without either mom or dad. She did great!


Kaydee rarely throws herself at men anymore, being a little more reserved and stays close to her mommy or daddy. Daddy is the one man in her life at present. She still prefers Men and will smile and flirt with them, but she knows they are not Daddy. Both John and I feel her bonding is coming along well and attachment seems to be in place. I can't wait to get home from work and see her, and it will be hard returning back full time. Even John is saying he will miss her when he, too, returns to work full time. It will be so tough!
So that's all for now. Birthday party is next...
A Cheerful Queen Bee :)














4 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

She is so cute. It really looks like she is doing well and adjusting to her new home. I'm thinking she likes to dress up!

Nichole said...

She is a doll. So happy to hear that you guys are doing so well.

findingourdaughter said...

Absolutely darling!! We are waiting for our referral of a girl in the Vladivostok region. Can't wait to be home with my daughter and have moments like these!

JB said...

Kym,
What a cutie! It sounds like all is going well for you and your family. God is GOOD!

You haven't said -- or I missed it -- whether Carrington's knowledge of Russian made any difference with Kaydee's adjustment. The pictures of her with her brothers are amazing.

Jolene