Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kaydee is THREE!
Kaydee's actual birthday 'day' started out pretty normal. 8/8/08...What a great set if numbers! I woke her up and said "Happy Birthday Princess! It's YOUR day!" Of course she just looked at me :) Her party was not until Sunday, so the rest of the day was pretty normal. I brought her some balloons which were a hit with her. I love the first "OHHHHH!" we receive when she experiences things for the first time. It was obvious she had not seen balloons up close before. She played with them (supervised of course) for hours. When they would not float any longer, they ended up bunched together and she proceeded to kick them all over. (I finally had to pop them this morning because the darn things refused to deflate!) Here she is after a bath still playing with them...

Finally Sunday came and after church we had her actual birthday celebration. I ended up with more guests than I had counted on, but in the end it all worked out okay. Obviously Kaydee didn't know what was going on...but she went with the flow and was the best little Princess ever.

We still worry about the effect of big crowds on her, as she still gets overstimulated easily, but she did okay. (Nanny even taught her to 'fall down' LOL...really a fun thing to do if you 'want' to fall down :) She jumped in the bouncy house, and did pretty good with the other children. She is getting use to my sweeter than ever nieces, although she still doesn't want them to touch her :) First we served hamburgers and hot dogs. Kaydee was more inclined to indulge herself in sliced tomato's, cheese, and a few slices of hot dogs.Here is one of her cakes. There is a long story to them but I won't get into it now :) I had already started cutting into the last one when I remembered I hadn't taken a picture yet...so that explains the slice mark....LOL...I says 'Happy 3rd Birthday Princess Kaydee'. All of her decorations had butterfly's and flowers on them - and the best part is it was all in a clearance bin at the party store for 99 cents each...I so love a party on a budget! AND, it was exactly what I wanted!

Of course next came the cake and the Happy Birthday song. Kaydee had no idea about candles, and as you can gather from this picture was not in the mood to co-operate in the very least. Carrington tried to explain to blow them out, but to no avail. So Aidan did it for her. The Princess hat she liked so much before sits on the chair as she refused to put it on. Bummer!

Then we opened presents. She was gifted with a little of everything, educational toys, dress up shoes, a blanket, clothes, movies and three dolls. Her play time is all set now :)

And then her big brothers brought out their surprise....A new BIKE! She jumped up off my lap and was on it in a flash! She rode it all through the house until we managed to move it outside. She has played on it every day since. This was the present that she seems to love the most.

Brother Chris followed her around the house and protected my walls thank goodness!
The hat and wand didn't go to waste, Carrington - ever the 'family comedian' - decided it fit him fine!
After a tiring day, Princess Kaydee had enough. She fell asleep in my lap at 5 pm. And since this little girl HATES to go to bed, you know she was soooo tired. I had to take this picture...Isn't she a dear? Is it any wonder we are so very much in love with this child so full of life?


So, that was Kaydee's first birthday celebration as an American. I took the time to pray extra long to God and thank him for this special day...the day that belongs to my daughter. It is the day He gave her life, and we will have the honor of celebrating it as a completed family for as long as he will allow us....

Thank you Lord!

















































4 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

Happy birthday Kaydee. It looks like she had such a great time at her birthday party.

Tamara said...

Happy Birthday, little princess! Kym, so great to see all the photos even if blogger is giving you fits. What a great celebration and I'm SO delighted for your whole family. Enjoy these last bits of summer and take care, Tamara

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

What a great birthday!

JB said...

A forever family and a new bike -- what a perfect 3rd Birthday!

Jolene