Monday, April 21, 2008

It's the third trimester for sure!

It occurred to me today while at church that I am indeed in what could only be my third trimester...in the comparative sense of course!

The last few days I have been emotional, have a knot the size of a watermelon in my stomach, and I tear up at sappy commercials...sigh...it could only be the result of an adoption pregnancy.

John and I went to the store to buy a blanket for 'Rose' (pink of course), some Pediasure, a sippy cup, a few toys, and a new converter to replace the one that blew up on John's last trip to the Ukraine. I washed the blanket and will sleep with it until I meet my daughter, at which time I plan on leaving it with her (A tip several of my adoptive parent friends passed on to me.) We will see if it works. Carrington smelt the blanket and said "It smells like Downey." Hmmmm, I just might be defeating my purpose with that? John, always the practical thinker, told me "No worries. Just rub a fabric sheet all over yourself and it will be just fine." Now why ever didn't I think of that? You can always rely on my sensible husband to figure out the tough stuff...LOL...BTW, I know John is excited 'cause he actually WENT into the store with me tonight...

We should know our exact date tomorrow...sleep eludes me. I think I'll go throw up now....Good night.

2 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

These must be exciting times for your family! That was so funny about your husband actually going INTO the store to shop for your daughter. (Wow, I'll be truly amazed if that happens in our family.) Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Good words.