Sunday, May 4, 2008

It is well...

Today was what I often describe as an “It is well day”.

With our departure less 7 days away, there are many things left to accomplish and so little extra hours to get them done in. But, I warn ya, sooo many sappy tears of joy. John is about done with me.

After working on my memory picture books till noon, (my current project that holds about 6 years worth of photos begging to go into picture books - and I am now almost done, yeah!) I finally graduated from jammies to shorts and went out with Aidan to accomplish crossing off as many things as I could…

First stop, Party store. I took Aidan to the Party Works store to buy invitations for his most anticipated birthday party that will take place the Sunday after we return. All the way over he was adamant to the fact that his party was going to be Spiderman themed. Anything else was just plain incomprehensible. But wouldn’t you know that when he saw all the different types of party stuff – walls and walls as far as the little eyes can see - all it took was the lure of army party hats and all the previous ideas went flying out the window. So, for his seventh birthday Master Aidan and seven of his closest buddies will be enjoying an army themed birthday complete with the camouflaged hats, souvenir cups and goodie bags. We also completed ordering cupcakes with little Army men on them, and have reserved the bowling lanes for a fantastic ‘Army Hero’ bowling birthday party. He is sooo stoked. We even bought little medals that say ‘Hero’ on them. All I have to do now is located some camouflage paint for their faces and away they will go…bowling down the enemies with their bright colored green balls…Such fun!

Then, it was off to the Dollar store to find these baby dolls a friend told me about. I moseyed on down the toy isle and sure enough there they were. The cutest little soft bodied baby dolls with eye lids that go up or down, depending on the position of the baby. Now of course you know I have never had cause to pay attention to dolls before. At least not since I was 8 or so. This was all pretty neat. I started to get misty eyed, but caught myself before things got out of hand (it’s those darn third trimester adoptive hormones again, I tell ya!) I then saw a neat little green rubber ball…took that too. So, we now have a few extra toys to take to our referral.

Next stop Home Depot. Did you just hear the Angels sing when you read that? LOL. That is TOTALLY my store. Ahhhh, the joys of home improvement! I need a screen door for the front of the house, but darn it if after finding one of those invisible type ones that retract when you don’t need it the darn thing won’t work. John said “I’m sorry honey, we done have a open front door jam, just brick” and now I’ve gotta take I back. I will figure something out…I really want to be able to open that darn door. I also bought the Ohhhhhh so perfect shades of yellow and pink paint to cover the walls in our soon to be daughters room. And of course as the guy behind the counter was opening them to dab and check the color on the lid and I just couldn’t believe I was painting MY DAUGHTERS room. I have decorate many a friends baby rooms, but this was MINE. I started to cry – again. He asked me “You okay ma’am”. I wiped my eyes and before I could say anything Aidan piped up “Yeah, She’s all right. Were gonna have a baby sister” and walked off. The guy then proceeds to kind look down at where an expectant mommies belly should be. Poor guy, he looked a little confused and I didn’t bother to explain. By that time Aidan had moved on to the other side of the paint area ooing and awing over a pirate room he saw on a paint brochure.

Then, we went to Walgreens to fill a prescription, and finally the last leg of the trip, the all mighty Sam’s Club. I ran into one of my clients from work. I showed him the picture of our referral. He said “Well Kym, she looks like YOU!” I beamed of course. If something should happen where this referral does not work out I’m sunk I tell ya.

I happened across the new little kid summer clothes. I allowed myself to look over the land of pink…"Ohhhhhh, ahhhhhh..." Aidan was patiently standing close by and I was not really paying much attention to how I must have sounded. Next thing I know he is asking “Mommy, you feeling all right?” I said “Yes, why?” “Cause you’re making a lot of noises like" and then proceeded into a pretty good rendition of the noises. I lughed so hard! I told him of course I was okay; I was just looking at the little girls clothes. “Well, you still sound funny Mommy” was all he said.

I found and bought (God help me, I could not STOP myself) the cutest ever swim suit and terry cloth cover up. It was a set and I took the 2T…I figure she's gotta have a swim suit, right? Now there’s one thing I can fudge a bit on concerning the size. Again - More tears. I cannot believe I am doing this. I cannot believe I am BUYING little girl stuff for MY soon to be daughter.

Pinch me.

I called my friend as soon as I left the store. I was sooo excited!

So, I now have a dozen material covered (pink of course) hangers and one darrrrling swim suit hanging in what will soon be my daughters closet.

Life is sooooo good.

Thank you God!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kym,

I am just so happy for your. I can picture your day as if it were me and I would have been crying tears of joy too. Can't wait to follow your journey to meet your daughter.

Michelle