Monday, October 20, 2008

Kaydee with our best friend G. She loves G and when sitting on a chair climbs abioe his head. He said she is like a cat trying to get to the highest point! LOL


I cannot believe it has been so long since I posted a full thought entry...at the same moment!
Where does time go??? Christmas came and went, spring is in full bloom...and here I sit, typing away to a post saved MONTHS ago...Sheesh! I guess later is better than never. But this does really go to show that once the adoption process is put waaaay behind ya life starts zooming ahead at light speed pace and before you know it the daily blogging of celebrations and frustrations becomes a distant memory. Like child birth you forget the pain, and relish in the new life you have been entrusted with.
And since I have received countless emails requesting updates - and I do read them folks, I've just been overwhelmed - and I knew it was past time to put fingers to the keys and get the job done :)
A year ago I received word that we had a referral...A REFERRAL! I still remember the shock and pure joy I felt. The tears I cried at work with the photo I saw. And could we travel in a few weeks???? Isn't that just CRAZY???? It has been a YEAR! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? I sit in awe when I think about those moments when God showed He was in control...and answered our prayers for the referral of a healthy and darling little girl!
So here is what I started in October, added to in November, and will finish in March...:)
**********************************************************************************
Life with Kaydee has been so much fun and the days fly by. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my beautiful Princess in it. And those who know me personally will agree that Kaydee IS the PRINCESS. And, regardless if what he says her Daddy is thoroughly wrapped around her little finger!
After about the 50th email asking why there we no updates I decided perhaps I’d had better get to cracking on some journal entries so you awesome folks and family out there can be brought up to speed. Going back to work full time has busied my days and I run out of time to do the little thing like update Kaydee’s blog. I promise to make a better effort.

So, since I have A LOT of ground to cover, let’s get to writing, shall we?

Is it truly possible that this time last year I was squeezing extra minutes out of my days chasing down finger prints and paperwork? That I had no daughter to come home to. Tee hee hee....and only a dream of mothering one? Amazing! God has blessed us ten fold and now that I look back I can see where it was all in His plan. But the truth of the matter is Oh how hard it is to just TRUST!

In three short months we have reached so many mile stones. Kaydee’s first day at preschool and first play day. Her first time in the pool, having a cold, a birthday party American style, and riding her bike. Then there are the personal things: The first time she hugged me instead of the other way around. The first initiated pucker and kiss on the mouth. Kaydee running to me with her arms open wide yelling ‘Mommy!” when I come home. Rocking. Holding. Humming. And, my favorite ever; Her running her fingers through my hair, putting her little hands on either side of my face and cupping my cheeks…then whispering in what we fondly refer to as ‘Ruglish” – a nice combination English words and a whole lot of Russian – as if it is sooo very important that I listen. I catch myself longingly looking at her. Remembering our first look at her picture, looking at her and remembering the first time she stood the door of the orphanage holding her care givers hand. Staring at me and never shedding a tear as she sat in the lap of a stranger. It is emotionally overwhelming at times…This child of mine. I love her so very much…

AND, we are growing! Even though she still wears a size 2T, Kaydee has put on 5 lbs and has grown about ¾ of an inch in 3 months. THAT is from some good old American vittles and luvin. She does tend to eat better, but is still just as picky. She still loves to torment the cat, but holds back a little more reserved since our oldest feline friend gave Kaydee a piece of her mind, and paw for that matter. The Dogs remain a favorite fascination, as long as they are behind a fence that is, and trailing behind Daddy is still a top notch time in Kaydee’s daily planner.

Our most recent exploits took us the beach Labor Day weekend. It was cold. It was wet. It was overcast – but with home being over 100 degrees, it was awesome! Any excuse to get away and out of the heat is a good one on my book. Kaydee saw the sand and waves for the first time, although I do believe the moment was pretty lost on her, and way more special for Mom.

Kaydee did okay in the trailer, was easy to watch at play, did VERY good shopping in old downtown San Luis Obispo, and loved to watch movies in the trailer with her brothers when it got too cold outside. She ate popcorn with Aidan, and her bigger Bubby’s threw her back and forth in the air. That silly girl, she so LOVES that stuff and wanted more and more. She’s not afraid of ANYTHING.

Dress up is fun with a little girl. She likes to wear her Bubby’s hats, Mommies shoes, Daddy’s shoes, her ballerina skirt, glasses, and basically anything not nailed down. She takes her clothes off and runs around in her undee’s ~ and at times nothing at all. Any towel is an instant cape, and she holds on to the silliest items for dear life as if they are her treasures – like sting and nails and plastic bottle caps. As I am writing this Kaydee just came around the corner and said ‘Momma’ until I turned around. She has Aidan’s Firefighter hat on. I asked her if she had on Aidan’s hat and of course she said “No. It’s Kaydia’s hat”(She pronounces her name Kay’deea’. She cannot get the EE ending down yet) Too funny…it’s so Kaydee! She has so many bruises on her lower legs we joke and name them. She is a rough and tumble girl in a Princesses body. I just hope the Social Worker realizes it is from play. If you look at Kaydee she bruises! Her skin is turning the prettiest shade of light olive and losing the paleness, but she is not nearly as dark as Carrington - although I really think she will turn darker like Carrington did. I’m quite jealous…

I tell myself I will not forget these moments.

November:
The holidays are so much fun with a little girl. Kaydee loves to shop. She sees a pile of big leaves and gets lost in them. The decorations are for fun. The fireplace is a fascination, as is the frost on the car when she runs her fingers through it. Hot chocolate, warm clothes and 'fingers' hand gloves. Rosey cheeks. Pink polka dotted boots as she follows her daddy out the the fields. A beautiful pink coat reminiscent of the days of old, complete with hand muffs.
Could it possibly be this little Princess is all mine???
February:
A new adventure. We left Kaydee and the boys with our dear friends in Fresno last weekend. More than the loneliness that I felt while driving away from our drop off point, I was worried as Kaydee had a very bad cold and fever. She was in good hands and loved to pieces, but it was still not the normal thing for me to do - leave my child while ill.
The reason for our trip was my companies top performers trip. It is on their timeline - not mine. So when the plane tickets are bought, you go...
This year we were back in New Orleans. We really enjoyed ourselves so much more this time around than the last time we came. We were at the beginning of Mardi Gras, ans there were parades almost every hour on the hour. In one parade I had so many beads my neck ws hurting. We went on a walking tour of the lovely homes in the Garden District, and my highlight was a trip to Oak Alley Plantation. It was the first trip away with my husband that did not involve the stress oif adoption!
I enjoyed jyself immensly, but in the end I was truly ready to go home to my babies.
Unfortunately Kaydee faired only 'okay' while I was gone, and we came home to a VERY unhappy little Princess. She cried nightly for her 'Steffafie' and was hitting in preschool, clinging to my leg, and even hitting her teacher. It became clear quite quickly that we were dealing with some separation issues that I WAS not expecting. I really thought she would be okay...So, we have now figured out she was not ready to be left behind without us - yet. With an adopted post institutionalized child you just don't know what to expect and what exact time line you are running on. So, there goes our 25th anniversary trip :) I will not be leaving her behind for a loooong time. At least not until I am sure she will be okay.
Good news was a week later we did get our lovely little Princess back, and we are back on track.
Here are a few more pictures of our dear little Princess Kaydee. Take care my family and friends
And thank you God for my little blessing…

No comments: